GP, Full-time | Gisborne
15 March 2017 | ID: 4193
Want to be part of OUR VISION- “The next generation living longer than the last”?
Passionate about contributing to the change needed to deliver better health outcomes for iwi and improving and maintaining the health of all patients?
Then we want to talk to you!!!
Nowhere else in New Zealand is remotely like the gorgeous East Coast with Maori life at the forefront of the community. Each stunning bay is a hideaway for surfing, fishing and historic culture and heritage.
Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region. It operates 7 community clinics, provides various public and clinical health services and employs over 130 people.
As a General Practitioner, you will have the opportunity to bring your skills and expertise to this primary care environment and experience a broader range of clinical and medical situations than your urban counterparts.
Primary location of the position will be Gisborne/Uawa, however, the incumbent will be required to provide clinical support for other locations within Ngati Porou Hauora in order to meet business needs.
This is an 8-10 session position.
For a successful appointment to this role, you will have proven:
• Evidence of medical defence indemnity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrates experience in dealing with people from other cultures/backgrounds
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
• Demonstrates initiative and flexibility
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Sound judgement and problems solving skills
• Enthusiasm for working in a team environment
• An ability to develop, maintain and bring to closure therapeutic relationships with people
This is an ideal opportunity for a doctor to return ”home” to the East Coast beauty, heritage and lifestyle while enjoying the best of a professional role or for a new person to experience living and working in rural health in a stunning part New Zealand.
An attractive remuneration package and benefits will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Assistance with relocation or accommodation may initially be provided.