Quality programme updates
When necessary, the Foundation Standard and Cornerstone modules may require updates, such as bringing criteria in line with new regulations.
The College will inform practices by posting information regarding the change on the homepage of the Quality website.
A minor change may consist of (but is not limited to) one or more of the following:
- Typos or grammatical errors needing to be corrected in current documentation.
- Slight changes to guidance (i.e. providing clarification on an Indicator).
- Links to new resources within the module or added into the guidance.
The College will notify all practices via email and will post information regarding the change on the homepage of the Quality website.
Practices will be assesseed against the current version of the Foundation Standard or Cornerstone module - the College cannot accept assessments conducted under outdated versions. It is therefore the responsibility of the practice to ensure they are working toward the most current version of the Foundation Standard or Cornerstone module, and to contact the College if there is any uncertainty regarding this.
Major changes may consist of (but are not limited to) one or more of the following:
- Adding/removing one or more indicators
- Releasing a new version of a module or the Foundation Standard
- New training requirements identified, requiring assessors to be retrained on a module, including the release of new requirements, policies, templates, and guidance.
- The complete retirement of a module.
21 April 2020 - Added additional guidance for criteria 16.2 about integrating health emergency considerations (e.g. pandemic response) into a business continuity plan.