Policy Advisor/Senior Policy Advisor
20 April 2017 | Permanent, full-time
Based in Wellington
Do you want to work in the most dynamic part of our health system? It is a time of growth and innovation in primary care, and to help the College to positively influence policy change. Our small team needs a self-starter with a passion for health care.
The College is looking for a Policy Advisor or a Senior Policy Advisor to join the Strategic Policy Team.
The Strategic Policy Team ensures that the views and concerns of general practice are represented to Government and other agencies within the wider health sector. The team also works across the College on strategic issues and develops resources and guidance for GPs, making sure that these are aligned with the College’s strategic goals.
To learn more about we do and who we are visit the College website.
In this role you will:
• Provide excellent analysis, information and advice
• Lead and contribute to policy projects
• Consult with College members and build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
• Prepare responses to government policy proposals and discussion documents
If you have the following, we would like to talk with you:
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to apply your analysis to decision making
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Some experience developing and delivering policy analysis and advice, ideally in the public or health sector
• Ability to identify efficient ways to address a variety of tasks and complete them in a time efficient manner
• Great relationship building skills
• A tertiary qualification that demonstrates your ability to review and analyse large amounts of literature and/or data and convert it into understandable findings.
An understanding of central government and qualitative or quantitative research experience would also be useful.
We’re offering a competitive salary, flexible working and wellness benefits. You will be part of a committed team supporting a successful programme.
Appointment will be made at a level consistent with the skills, knowledge and experience you bring to the role.