Foundation Standard assessor criteria
The Foundation Standard represents legislative, regulatory and clinical requirements for all general practices in Aotearoa New Zealand. It represents a nationally consistent benchmark by which a practice can measure it’s current quality of care and progress towards health equity.
A Foundation Standard assessment checks 15 indicators via an online self-assessment (done by the practice), and a subsequent site visit by an assessor.
Foundation Standard assessor eligibility criteria:
- Experience in the primary health sector.
- Practice experience and knowledge about general practice, structures, and functions of the general practice team
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to health outcomes.
- Interest, experience, and/or qualifications in quality improvement.
- Availability to attend training days in Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch (other centres by demand).
- Ability to complete ongoing assessor training as required by the College, to maintain competence and knowledge of the Standard.