The following updates have recently been added to Foundation Standard 2022:
6 October 2022
Indicator 11: Medical equipment and medicines
- 11.1: Information added on purchasing an approved AED
- 11.1 Resources added: FDA approved AEDS and recommended NZ suppliers selling and renting AEDs
15.1 Requirements under the Children's Act 2014
12 August 2022
- Information added under the training heading regarding the training requirements for child protection.
- A resource on requirements of the Children’s Act 2014, has been added.
- 1.1: Training resource added to the guidance
- 3.1: Added information for practices on how to collaborate with Māori health providers and manu whenua.
- 4.1: Resources on gender diversity added to the guidance resources
- 8.1: Equity Champion sample role description added to the guidance resources
- 13.2 Added to the guidance under the heading ‘Inventory of hazardous substance:
- The first 2 bullet points in the evidence requirements have been condensed to this:
- An inventory of hazardous substances in your workplace, including substance type, quantity and location and associated data safety sheets.
- Information is included on the Training requirements page on how to simplify uploading the training documents and certificated for large practices.
- Induction training information has been moved nearer to the top of the page
15 July 2022
13.2 The practice complies with the Hazardous Substances Regulations 2017
- added links to 13.2 on Hazardous Substances
- The heading has been changed from 'inventory and register of hazardous substances' to 'inventory of hazardous substance
- last paragraph under that heading has been changed from 'once you have identified the hazardous substances in the practice, these should be organised in either an electronic or hard copy register and available to team members' to 'NB: The hazardous substances, such as detergents, not required to be entered into the inventory due to their grading, should be entered into the practice’s hazards and risks register.'
13 July 2022
13.2 The practice complies with the Hazardous Substances Regulations 2017.
- The change: The first 2 bullet points in the evidence section have been combined.
- From this:
- An inventory of all the hazardous substances at your workplace.
- A register of hazardous substances in your workplace, including substance type, quantity and location and associated data safety sheets.
- To this:
- An inventory of all the hazardous substances at your workplace, including substance type, quantity and location and associated data safety sheets.
30 June 2022
- added link to free download for AS/NZS: 3003:2018 to 11.6
- added link to free download for NZS 8134:2021 to 12.1
- added link to purchase standard and more information in guidance to 12.1 relating to sterilisation processes
- added link to free download for NZS 4304:2002 to 12.2
20 June 2022
13.4 Safe and accessible site
The practice site is required to be safe and accessible for team members and patients. It is the business owner’s responsibility to ensure all legislative requirements and patients’ rights are complied with. Compliance with legislative requirements includes meeting
Building Code requirements and the Fire and Emergency NZ (Fire Safety Evacuation Procedures and Evacuation Schemes) Regulations 2018.
Practices are particularly encouraged to ensure they are compliant with Building Code access requirements and have, as far as is practical, provided mobility parks and accessible toilets.