This will be a free multidisciplinary education event with a variety of speakers presenting on topics such as meningococcal disease, pertussis, asthma and severe asthma, and COPD. This educational event allows for continued upskilling for healthcare professionals, and provides an opportunity to keep up CPD points at a time when major face-to-face CPD events are being cancelled, such the Goodfellow Symposium.
The ABCWY of Meningococcal Disease
- Educate attendees about the burden and impact of invasive meningococcal disease
- Educate attendees about the what, who and why of meningococcal vaccines
Minimising vaccine-preventable conditions in adult patients with respiratory disease (with a focus on pertussis).
- Reiterate the importance and rationale of updating vaccinations in patients with respiratory illness.
- Educate around the risk of pertussis in patients with chronic lung disease.
- Provide information on how to recommend appropriate vaccinations for patients with chronic respiratory disease.
Simplifying COPD Treatment
- Educate about COPD epidemiology and symptoms and the funded treatments for COPD in NZ
- Provide information on the diagnosis of COPD using spirometry and the symptom assessment in COPD using CAT score
- Educate the important of simplifying treatment for COPD in the NZ context
- Educate on the benefits of dual bronchodilation and the place of Inhaled corticoid steroids
- Provide information on the non-pharmacological treatment for COPD
The “"Live Every Breath - Prevention. Diagnosis. Management." Multidisciplinary educational webinar” activity, has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 0.9 CME credits per session for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) purposes.
To find out more and register, email email@example.com.