In order to complete your application, we'll need a few key documents from you.
If you're a New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
You will need to upload a recent passport-sized photo and one of the following:
- Photo page of your New Zealand Passport
- Or Birth certificate
- Or Citizenship certificate
You will also need to upload copies of your:
- Current or most recent Medical Council Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
- Current or most recent Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate (ACLS)
- Current Medical Indemnity Insurance
If you're not a New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
You will need to upload copies of the following:
In addition to the documents outlined above, all applicants will be asked to provide the following:
The application form will ask you to provide well-considered answers to the questions below (maximum of 500 words each).
- Why do you aspire to be a GP?
- What are your motivations for being a GP?
- What do you hope to achieve as a GP?
- Who has influenced you most on your journey to general practice and why?
- Describe any clinical experience you have completed that is relevant to General Practice
- What do you see as the future priorities for primary care medicine and how does a GP contribute to achieving these priorities?
You will be asked to provide the names and contact details of two clinical supervisors you have worked with in the last three years.
Please ensure that your referees are aware that you have nominated them to provide a reference for you.
They will be contacted by an external third-party recruiter to complete reference checks. If the recruiter cannot get in touch with your referee, they will contact you directly to provide another appropriate referee.