Do you want to join GPEP and already hold another New Zealand medical qualification?

If you hold another New Zealand medical qualification or have non-general practice clinical experience, this may be able to count towards your general practice training.

First you will need to apply for and be accepted onto the General Practice Education Programme (GPEP). Once you are accepted, you can apply to have your non-general practice clinical time such as rural hospital medicine or as an urgent care physician recognised as prior learning. It must be relevant to general practice to qualify.

If we recognise your prior clinical learning, you will be exempted from some of the clinical time or education components of GPEP.

To apply for recognition of your prior learning, please complete and return the application form with all the documentation we need. 

Download the Recognition of Prior Learning Application Form