The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners strives to ensure a high standard of care in general practices across New Zealand by setting the standard for quality systems.
Benefits of quality standards
- Contributes to safer care and a better experience for your patients
- Shows a commitment to ongoing quality improvement
- Improves practice business processes and systems
- Supports compliance with national contract requirements
- Enhances teamwork in the practice
- Enhances clinical processes
Foundation Standard and Aiming for Excellence are pillars in New Zealand practice, supporting New Zealand general practitioners and their teams to be world-class primary health care providers.
To meet the requirements of the Foundation Standard and CORNERSTONE® accreditation, practices must demonstrate compliance with all relevant indicators and criteria.