Useful resources for general practice teams
Aiming for Excellence
Aiming for Excellence is the RNZCGP standard for New Zealand general practice. Below are copies of the current and new Aiming for Excellence standards, plus a comparison between the two standards to show you what has changed:
- 2016 Aiming for Excellence
- 2016 Aiming for Excellence: Evidence to load guide
- 2011–2014 Aiming for Excellence
- 2011–2014 Aiming for Excellence: Interpretation guide
- 2011-2014 Aiming for Excellence: Evidence to load guide
- 2016 Mandatory criteria changes for CORNERSTONE® Annual Programme
In March 2018 we started a series of webinars to support practices in achieving and maintaining CORNERSTONE accreditation.
View the webinar videos, slides and resources
The current version of Foundation standard plus a summary of changes from the previous version
2016 -Foundation Standard guide
Clinical Record Review Self-Audit Checklist - Use this tool to conduct
your record reviews (formerly Medical Record Review Tool). Each
clinician is required to review 10 records each. Print or complete
- Health and safety information - Update for Aiming for Excellence as a result of the new Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Health and safety things to think about - A handy list of things to think about for health and safety in your practice.
- Chaperone Poster: English | Te Reo Māori - A poster to put up in your practice guiding patients on how to have a chaperone in their appointments.
- New Building Quality Check - a check list of things to consider when assessing a new building that will be used as a general practice, based on Aiming for Excellence (2016).
Fire and Emergency New Zealand ( Fire Safety, Evacuation Procedures and Evacuation Schemes) Regulations 2018.
The current evacuation regulations change on 1 July 2018 with the introduction of the Fire and Emergency New Zealand (Fire Safety, Evacuation Procedures and Evacuation Schemes) Regulations 2018
Please look at the example documents on the Fire and Safety website for help meeting the legislation requirements. Click here for more information.
Practice Managers and Administrator Association of New Zealand
Medical equipment and resources
Updated guidance for Foundation and CORNERSTONE® practices regarding the requirements for medical equipment and resources, in particular electrical standards.
Foundation Standard Medical equipment update
Aiming for Excellence Medical equipment update for CORNERSTONE® practices
General Practice ICT Security Checklist
A checklist provided by Patients First to help you undertake both a self-assessment and quick independent assessment of the baseline ICT security within your practice.
RNZCGP Policy brief: Managing patient test results
Policy Brief: Managing patient test results - This paper provides advice and assistance with the development of systems to support GPs and their practice team in managing patient test results safely and effectively.
On 8 September 2017, the College gave a presentation at the Practice Managers and Administrators Association of New Zealand (PMAANZ) conference on How you become a quality general practice in the New Zealand setting (PDF).