The assessment process
The Quality team will guide your through the assessment process. This involves:
- Registration with the College
- Self-assessment undertaken by the practice
- The College assigns an external assessor
- Assessor reviews evidence and visits practice
- If required, an action plan may be developed with practices
- Health and Disability Audit New Zealand (HDANZ) reviews and moderates
- The College awards accreditation certificate to practice
The College works closely with HDANZ to provide independent auditing, verification, assessor training and oversight.
View the expanded CORNERSTONE® assessment process here.
Practices that have successfully completed CORNERSTONE® maintain accreditation by undertaking the annual programme. This process is like continuing professional development (CPD), where certain criteria must be met every year during a four-year cycle to maintain professional standards.