In order to complete your application, we'll need a few key documents from you.
If you're a New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
You will need to upload a recent passport-sized photo and one of the following:
- Photo page of your New Zealand Passport
- Or Birth certificate
- Or Citizenship certificate
You will also need to upload copies of your:
If you're not a New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident
You will need to upload copies of the following:
In addition to the documents outlined above, all applicants will be asked to provide the following:
The application form will ask you to provide well-considered answers to the questions below (maximum of 500 words each).
- Why do you aspire to be a GP?
- What do you hope to achieve during your GP career?
- Which people have influenced you most on your journey to General practice and why?
- Describe a difficult situation you have experienced, either with a patient or a professional work team, and describe the role that effective communication played in resolving it
- Despite the signing of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Māori have endured disproportionate health inequities since 1840. Tell us how as a GP you would go about redressing these?
- Health inequities exist in Aotearoa/New Zealand where tangata pasifika, disabled and rurally isolated have been neglected. Tell us – what you would do as a GP to address such neglect?
You will be asked to provide the names and contact details of two clinical supervisors you have worked with in the last three years.
Please ensure that your referees are aware that you have nominated them to provide a reference for you.
They will be contacted by an external third-party recruiter to complete reference checks. If the recruiter cannot get in touch with your referee, they will contact you directly to provide another appropriate referee.
There is a non-refundable $400 + GST application fee.