The Division of Rural Hospital Medicine
The Division works on behalf of our rural members to ensure educational, clinical, and operational aspects of rural hospital medicine, from registrar through to Fellowship and beyond, are fit for purpose and allow members to provide high-quality care to our rural communities.
There are two committees that undertake these responsibilities.
The Division Council supports our rural hospital doctors and is the vocational and representative governance body for the vocational scope of rural hospital medicine. They meet three times a year to discuss important issues.
The Board of Studies is responsible for the Division’s education programme, setting and monitoring the standards and assessments that need to be completed to obtain Fellowship.
Division Council members
- Dr Andrew Morgan, Chair
- Dr Jennifer James, Board of Studies representative
- Dr Jeremy Webber, member
- Dr Munanga Mwandila, member
- Dr Rosalie Evans, member
- Dr Alex McLeod, Te Akoranga a Māui representative
- Dr Dinesha Kumarawansa, registrar representative
- Dr Sophie Parnham, NAC representative
- Dr Andrew Laurenson, member
- Lynne Hayman, ex-officio member